What if you chose to live off the grid – even ditching all utilities – only to learn that the local government has rules against such a lifestyle? Even worse, what if you wanted to live off the grid and the local government threatened you with eviction?
This is still America, but that’s exactly what is happening to one Florida woman who is a guest on this week’s edition of Off The Grid Radio. Her name is Robin Speronis, and her inspiring story of self-sufficiency has made national headlines – as has her fight against the government that is trying to boot her from her home. The town even is using what it calls “international” code to enforce its stance.
This spunky woman, though, isn’t backing down, and she has obtained an attorney to take a stand not only for her but also for thousands of other off-the-gridders across America who embrace self-sufficiency.
- What gradual steps she took to go off the grid
- How she lives, day to day, without electricity and water from the utility companies.
- What tips she has for other off-the-gridders.
- Why she is refusing to give in.
- What the next step is in her legal fight.
Robin’s fight is our fight, and one that anyone who cherishes self-sufficiency should join.