Our guest this week has written three books and co-authored two more about self-reliance and how to get by when there is no doctor available. His book “Where There Is No Doctor” is used by groups like UNICEF and the Peace Corps and has been translated to over 90 different languages.
Werner has worked in more than 50 countries helping to facilitate health workshops and training programs, and has been a consultant for UNICEF, WHO, UNDP, and the Peace Corps. He has received awards and/or fellowships from the World Health Organization, the American Pediatric Association, the American Medical Writers Association, and the MacArthur Foundation.
Listen to how he got involved with this work in the first place and what changed his outlook on the availability of healthcare.View Text Transcription
- The real, in-the-field solutions he has chronicled
- The difference between what to do before the doctor arrives and what to do when no doctor is coming
- Why tyrannical regimes around the world hate him
- The secret discovered by indigenous Mexicans centuries before European science caught up
- How to implement creative, practical solutions in an emergency…even if you have zero medical experience
- and more…
“Where There Is No Doctor”