Do you exercise regularly, eat healthy foods, do not smoke nor drink alcohol excessively? If that is you, then congratulations, you are in the 2.7 percent  of Americans who live a healthy lifestyle. However, the other 97.3 percent live dangerously, even deadly, lifestyles.
It’s not too late to turn your health around, however, with exercise and the right diet. Eating certain foods can help to literally unclog your arteries, resulting in a major reduction in the risk of heart disease.
To help, here is a list of foods that you should be eating regularly:
Asparagus comes in at the top of the list because it’s full of minerals, fiber and vitamins, such as B1, B2, C, E and K which can lower blood pressure and prevent clots from forming. For maximum vitamin potential, try steaming raw asparagus.
Broccoli is loaded with vitamin K, which helps prevent calcification  and the hardening of arteries. It is also full of antioxidants and fiber, which averts oxidation of LDL cholesterol, normalizes blood pressure, and reduces stress that may cause tears and plaque build-up in arterial walls ─ all leading to severe heart conditions.
Studies  show that a daily consumption of avocados literally results in improved cholesterol levels with a decrease of the bad cholesterol by 22 percent and an increase of good cholesterol by 11 percent.
Additionally, avocados are full of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
According to studies , adding one teaspoon of ground cinnamon to your food daily will help reduce your high cholesterol levels. Cinnamon can clear plaque from the arteries and prevent further build-up. Moreover, cinnamon is full of antioxidants that improve cardiovascular health by protecting blood from destructive oxidation. A simple way to get a daily dose of cinnamon is to add a teaspoon to your tea or coffee.
5. Chia Seeds
Just two ounces of chia seeds eaten daily contain enough fiber and alpha-linolenic acid to help clear out arteries and maintain a healthy blood pressure. Chia seeds additionally reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol , lowering triglycerides and increasing HDL (good) cholesterol. Moreover, they are full of protein and other essential nutrients.
Cranberries are another “superfood” that lowers bad cholesterol and raises good cholesterol levels due to its high antioxidant content. In fact, cranberry juice has the highest level of antioxidants, coming in only second to 100 percent black or red grape juice. What’s great about cranberries, though, is that they are essential to urinary tract health, as well.
7. Green tea
Matcha green tea contains high levels of catechins , which are antioxidant phenols contained in plants that hinder the absorption of cholesterol during the ingestion of food. Drinking a cup or two of green tea will improve your blood-lipid levels, help to reduce arterial blockage, and even boost your metabolism.
8. Orange juice
Drinking two cups of 100 percent orange juice will reduce inflammation of the arteries and help to improve blood pressure. Orange juice is high in vitamin C, an antioxidant that prevents oxidation from occurring in the blood stream, keeping arteries clear. Additionally, orange juice improves and maintains a healthy circulatory function , keeping your heart and arteries healthy.
Studies show that eating one serving each day of folate-rich greens, such as spinach, can reduce homocysteine levels that are a known risk factor for cardiovascular diseases, such as atherosclerosis . In fact, spinach is loaded with potassium, folate and fiber, all of which help to keep arteries clear and reduce blood pressure levels.
Curcumin , the primary components of Turmeric, is a potent anti-inflammatory. By adding turmeric to your diet, you can reduce inflammation and damage to arterial walls that are leading causes of plaque build-up and blood clots. Moreover, recent studies  show that the high levels of curcumin in Turmeric can benefit in the decrease of fatty deposits in the arteries by up to 25 percent.
Flaxseeds are a potent source of alpha-linolenic acid  (ALA). Eating them regularly can reduce inflammation and blood pressure significantly. This helps to keep arteries clear and to improve and maintain overall heart health.
What would you add to our list? Share your thoughts in the section below: