Listen To The Article
Moving is a large-scale and extraordinary event that can become not just a change of residence, but a new stage of life. It is important to carefully plan the transportation of things to a new house and also take into account many unobvious moments before and after the move. Therefore, we have prepared several tips for you that will help organize the process correctly and simplify the preliminary preparation.
Things to Do Before Moving
Before you start moving, make in advance a detailed to-do list with a timeline in a relaxed atmosphere, so you can keep track of what has been done and what has not. In this way, you won’t miss anything:
- Decide on the moving company that will help you with the relocation. For instance, Gentlemen’s Moving Company offers A to Z moving services within California.
- Do some general calculations. Packaging materials, car rental, cleaning, necessary household services – all these expenses should be calculated in advance.
- Make a complete audit of things and furniture in advance. Do not regret getting rid of unnecessary things. For this purpose, you can arrange a “garage sale” or just eliminate things that you are unlikely to use.
- Draw up a scheme for the furniture arrangement in the new house. Think about the order, so a sofa in the middle of the living room does not interfere with the installation of the wardrobe.
- When packing furniture, be sure to indicate the top and bottom of the things. If you still have assembly instructions, do not pack them separately, but attach to one of the parts. So the assembly of furniture in a new home will be easier and faster.
Take care of everyone’s comfort. Moving is not only a fuss but also a truly important event for all family members. If the move includes young children, prepare them for the upcoming changes, think in advance about how the child will participate in the move.
Things to Do After Moving
Once all the things are in the new house, check all the stuff according to the pre-compiled list and make sure everything has moved safely. Organize your unpacking wisely. It is worth starting with the assembly of furniture. After assembling and placing large furniture, determine where the essentials will be located. Then, unpack the remaining boxes in a relaxed atmosphere.
If you haven’t purchased new furniture yet or haven’t had time to deliver or assemble it, organize a temporary storage system. For convenient placement of clothes on hangers, special wardrobe boxes are optimal.
Even if things have not yet been unpacked, and the furniture has not been assembled, try to arrange life for all households as comfortably as possible. A favorite book for a child, the usual cups at breakfast, a bed for a pet – these small attributes will help a family feel at home.
Finally, you should celebrate a housewarming! This special holiday will help you forget about the worries and start a new life.