When the power goes out, it can feel like you’re cut off from the world.
Click on your state to view local power outage and utility provider information.
Low or No Outages | Outages | Significant Outages
- The dangers to our aging, fragile electrical grid are numerous. Over the last few years, many of us have focused on the risk of an EMP, mostly fueled by North …Read More »
- When most people think of emergency power, they usually think of gasoline, propane or diesel generators. While generators make a lot of sense in an emergency situation, they do have …Read More »
- When you’re looking to go off grid, there are several options, but you’ll often begin by asking: Can solar alone get me off grid? The answer to this question is …Read More »
- When most people think about solar panel systems, they think of the panels themselves. Those monocrystalline or polycrystalline black panels of about two feet by four feet. Solar panels themselves …Read More »
- Solar power is a hot topic these days. With energy costs increasing and expected to keep on increasing, many are seeing solar power as the way to go. While expensive, …Read More »
- How often do you take electricity for granted? If you are like I once was, it happens quite frequently. I would shut off lights and unplug things when not in …Read More »
- Big government’s plans to modernize electricity by creating a smart grid appear to be a recipe for disaster. Consequently, a grid such as this would be more vulnerable to hacking …Read More »
- If you’ve ever thought about ditching the grid and living on solar power, then you’re not alone. Questioning Your Local Power Company Odds are that you’re living in a home …Read More »
- Solar energy systems are not all created alike. Just because homes have a set of solar panels on the roof, it doesn’t mean that they all are operating similar systems …Read More »
- By utilizing passive solar energy, our ancestors could use temperate differences to heat and cool their homes. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west, right? And …Read More »