The phrase “Agenda 21” may not mean much to the average American, but for many citizens it conjures up thoughts of government control, an authoritarian state and a major loss of freedom.
It also has led to wild rumors and conspiracy theories, and on this week’s edition of Off The Grid Radio we separate fact from fiction as we talk to one of the nation’s leading experts on Agenda 21, Tom DeWeese of the American Policy Center.
As it turns out, much of the concern about Agenda 21 – a 300-page United Nations action plan pertaining to “sustainable development” – is legitimate. The United States was among the countries that adopted it, and despite what some of the Left and Right say, it does threaten basic American freedoms, DeWeese says.
- How Agenda 21 is being promoted by the White House, with and without congressional approval.
- What “code words” have replaced the phrase “Agenda 21” in the political vocabulary.
- How everyday Americans, including off-gridders, could lose their land because of Agenda 21’s goals.
- Why the document threatens our liberty, in spite of it supposedly being “voluntary” and “non-binding.”
- How local and state governments are adopting Agenda 21’s goals, without citizens even knowing it.
But there’s hope. Some state politicians who believe in individual rights are fighting back, proposing laws that would protect liberties and freedoms. Listen as DeWeese tells you why you should be worried about Agenda 21 – and how you can join the effort to defeat it!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 33:28 — 38.3MB)