Every gardener enjoys growing tomatoes, but not every gardener is good at it. That’s because tomatoes are one of nature’s more finicky plants. Without the right amount of heat, sunlight and fertilizer, they won’t produce fruit when summer arrives.
The good news is that there are steps you can take right now – during spring — to give you your best tomato crop ever!
On this week’s episode of Off The Grid Radio we talk to Craig LeHoullier, the author of Epic Tomatoes: How to Select And Grow The Best Varieties of All Time.
Craig tells us that the months of March, April and May are critical for a tomato crop. He also tells us:
- Which seed-starting mistakes often doom tomato plants.
- How to transplant tomatoes to ensure they flourish.
- Why it’s essential to use mulch.
- How much spacing between tomato plants is truly
- Which type of fertilizers he recommends.
We also discuss watering, frost and more! Don’t miss this amazing show that will revolutionize how you grow tomatoes!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 32:22 — 29.7MB)