Are goats better than cows for the homestead? Perhaps. And after you listen to this week’s edition of Off The Grid Radio, you might think so, too!
Our guest is Gianaclis Caldwell, a goat expert and the author of “Holistic Goat Care: A Comprehensive Guide to Raising Healthy Animals, Preventing Common Ailments, and Troubleshooting Problems.” She and her family operate Pholia Farm, an off-grid, raw milk cheese dairy in Oregon that specializes in goats.
Gianaclis tells us everything we’ve ever wanted to know about goats, including:
- Why she is passionate about goats.
- Which breeds are best for milk.
- Which breeds are best for meat.
- How to make extra cash on the homestead with goats.
- Which plants are toxic to goats.
We even discuss how to make extra cash on the homestead with goats! If you own goats or are considering buying a few, then this is one show you don’t want to miss!