Two years after releasing his popular and award-winning book “A Government of Wolves,” author and civil liberties attorney John Whitehead is back again with a powerful follow-up: “Battlefield America: The War On The American People.”
It paints a terrifying portrait of a nation undermining the basic freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution, with Americans spied on, tracked, scanned, frisked, searched, invaded, raided, jailed and denied due process.
Whitehead is this week’s guest on Off The Grid Radio, and he tells us:
- How you can get jailed in America for everything from not mowing your grass to posting something on Facebook police don’t like.
- Why the government’s actions against Americans look very similar to King George’s actions against the Colonial patriots.
- How people are now “breaking laws they didn’t even know existed” during a routine day, as his book says.
- Why even police officers are beginning to question the very tactics their department employs.
- How the government routinely violates all 10 Amendments to the Bill of Rights.
Whitehead also tells us how the Republican and Democratic parties have contributed to the problem, and he gives us an overview of how we got here. You’ll soon learn why former U.S. Rep. Ron Paul wrote the foreword to the book.
But there’s hope, Whitehead says, and there are ways in which you can legally and peacefully fight back!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 27:14 — 31.2MB)