It’s not a matter of “if”… it’s a matter of “when”. Either because of economic factors or a solar storm, the power grid is coming down.
Where will you be when that happens?
If you’re like most Americans, you’re numb. The dire warnings that are being screeched at you on a day in and day out basis are becoming nothing more than white noise. It’s an unfortunate tendency of humans that if the threat doesn’t materialize, then the threat doesn’t exist.
Our guest on Off the Grid Radio this week, John Kappenman, says the geomagnetic storm we’re facing is real, and the threat to the grid and our way of life is beyond imagining. John Kappenman is the owner and principle analyst for Storm Analysis Consultants. He was the lead technical expert on a study conducted by Metatech Corporation on the potential impact of solar storms. In addition, he has testified before FEMA, Homeland Security, and the Congress on solar storm impact issues.
- 90 seconds and we’re back to 18th century America
- Solar activity and our vulnerability to that activity
- What a power grid failure will look like
- Why you can’t just truck in more transformers
- How Congress’s priorities do not seem to include the welfare of its citizens
- and more…