Aug. 24, 2017
Around 78 percent of Americans with a fulltime job say they live paycheck to paycheck, according to a new survey from CareerBuilder.com.
Disturbingly, the survey found Americans are worse off than they were last year.
Other frightening highlights from the poll include:
- 71 percent of Americans say they are in debt – an increase from 68 percent last year.
- 56 percent of those surveyed say their debt is “unmanageable.”
- 1 in 10 of those who make more than $100,000 a year say they are living paycheck to paycheck.
- The number of Americans living payday to payday is growing. In 2016, 75 percent of respondents admitted to living paycheck to paycheck.
- 56 percent of Americans save less than $100 per month.
CareerBuilder.com, a jobs website, surveyed 3,000 full-time employees and 2,000 hiring and human-resources managers as part of the survey.
What is your reaction? Share it in the section below: