In fact, despite hundreds of books and thousands of blogs on the subject, there remain quite a few food storage myths.
On this week’s edition of Off The Grid Radio, survival expert Lisa Bedford dispels 10 food storage myths – myths that off-gridders everywhere believe.
Bedford is the author of the popular Survival Mom book and a well-known blogger on the subject at TheSurvivalMom.com.
- The one specific food that people often believe will last forever … but doesn’t.
- The reason that people who store hundreds of canned goods may be in trouble.
- The big mistakes off-gridders make when stockpiling a year’s worth of food.
- The problem she has with storing lots and lots of wheat.
- The myth about freeze-dried food that pretty much everyone believes.
Don’t make the same mistakes your neighbor is probably making – mistakes that could result in you not having food when it’s most needed. If you store or stockpile food, this is one show you don’t want to miss.