President-elect Trump has pledged to repeal Obamacare, and his recent nomination for Secretary of Health and Human Services – Obamacare critic Tom Price — shows he is serious about overturning the law.
But what should replace Obamacare? And why does American health care cost so much more than it does in other countries?
Health care is the topic of this week’s edition of Off The Grid Radio, as we learn how the problems with health care stretch back decades, to World War II.
Our guest is documentarian Colin Gunn, who interviewed experts throughout the health care field for his recent documentary Wait Til It’s Free.
Gunn learned a lot, and he tells us:
- What he thinks should replace Obamacare.
- Why the employee-based health care model has been disastrous.
- How competition across state lines might lower costs.
- Why even the CEO of Whole Foods believes health care needs an overhaul.
- How government regulation, implemented under both parties, has caused problems.
Finally, Gunn tells us why he labels President Obama a “crony capitalist” – and why that term is just as bad as being called a “socialist.” If you want to learn what the mainstream media isn’t telling you about health care, then don’t miss this week’s fascinating show!